Thank you for your interest.
Applications for the Teen Volunteer Program are now closed.
We will be accepting applications through April 18, 2014. (When applying please make sure to fill out the date of birth and include parent/guardian phone and email information.)
Training will be provided during the first week of June.
Our Teen Volunteer Program gives teens an opportunity to learn about the museum, Oklahoma’s natural and cultural history and receive valuable experience working with visitors in the museum’s galleries and Discovery Room.
Who is a teen volunteer?
The Teen Volunteer Program is an eight-week volunteer experience for students who have successfully completed 6th grade and not yet entered their senior year of high school.
What do Teen Volunteers do?
The first week will provide 12 hours of museum orientation and training sessions. Throughout the program, teen volunteers will:
- Help visitors explore and understand exhibits
- Facilitate hands-on Discovery Carts in the museum galleries
- Assist visitors in the Discovery Room
- Meet and learn from museum scientists.
- Develop public speaking skills.
- Acquire work experience.
- Meet other local teens.
- Participate in volunteer recognition.
- Earn service rewards.
- Earn community service credit.
- Receive a discount at the museum store.
- Field trip to a local cultural institution.
Is there a time commitment?
Participants are expected to volunteer two 3-1/2 hour shifts per week, Monday through Friday, for the next seven weeks after training. They will be mentored by museum staff and experienced adult volunteers. Teens may also volunteer at events at the museum in the fall or spring.
Back to Volunteer Programs